Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in electronic/electrical engineering, mechatronics, computing or a related subject. Applicants should have high marks in relevant modules such as electronic/electrical engineering.
A bachelor degree with a first class (hons) in physics, physical sciences or mathematics.
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For more information please contact the Admissions Team.
Months of entry
Commercial products today combine many technologies, and industry is increasingly interdisciplinary. The Electronic and Electrical Engineering masters course meets this demand, giving you an interdisciplinary knowledge base in modern electronics including power, communications, control and embedded processors.
You will develop a broad grasp of many electronic and electrical engineering disciplines, as well as develop programming skills and practical laboratory skills, alongside understanding of the global electronics industry. The programme is also designed to provide you with an opportunity to study specialist topics such as wireless communication systems, electric machines, generating power from renewable sources, FPGAs and system-on-chip technologies, medical electronics and e-health.
This masters degree course will appeal to people with a broad interest in electronics, or in one or more of the specialist topic areas.
- Our courses are shaped by our world-leading research in areas such as Communications networks and systems, Smart energy systems, Wireless communications, Terahertz electronics and photonics, Bio-nanoelectronics, Quantum electronics and communications and Microwave and milimetre-wave engineering.
- During your studies, you will access specialist facilities and laboratories.
- There are lots of opportunities for you to work alongside our academics and get involved in the research happening in the School.
- Small groups and examples classes are used to support the teaching, so you get regular feedback from the academic staff helping you solve any problems that you might have with a particular topic.
Our School is an exciting and stimulating environment where you will learn from leading researchers in specialist teaching facilities with high-quality test and measurement equipment. These include our Keysight Technologies Electronics Laboratory and Arm Embedded Systems Laboratory. During your final project, you will be able to work in the NXP Electronics Project Laboratory. Depending on your project topic, you may also get to work in our specialist research laboratories.
The MSc is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Accreditation is the assurance that a university course meets the quality standards established by the profession for which it prepares its students. For this course, these are the quality standards set by the IET.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 2035