A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in aeronautical/ aerospace, mechanical, civil or general engineering. Successful applicants will have strong grades in relevant modules including advanced mathematics, strength of materials, dynamics and basic fluid mechanics. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For more information please contact the Admissions Team.
Months of entry
Demand for aerospace engineering graduates is rising, both in the UK and overseas. In fact, the UK aerospace industry is the second biggest in the world after the USA, and it’s home to some of the world’s leading aerospace companies such as Airbus, Astrium, BAE Systems, GKN, Leonardo and Rolls-Royce. That’s why specialising in this field could open a lot of doors in terms of career opportunities when you graduate.
You’ll study aerospace structures and systems engineering, along with optional, specialist modules that'll help you hone your skills in an area that interests you. Our Aerospace Engineering Industrial Advisory Board is actively engaged in ensuring this course meets the needs of industry and reflects trends in the sector.
This means that, once you graduate, you’ll be fully equipped with the most up-to-date practices and industry-relevant knowledge to pursue an exciting career in this area.
Why study at Leeds:
- Learn the latest innovations in engineering from our world-leading research conducted right here on campus that feeds directly into the course.
- Tailor the degree to suit your specific interests with a broad selection of optional modules to choose from, with everything from rotary wing aircraft to aerodynamics and aerospace propulsion – plus many more.
- Put theory into practice and conduct a team design project and an individual professional project, using interdisciplinary approaches to achieve a solution to a programme-specific and industry-relevant design problem.
- Access our School’s impressive range of specialist facilities including industry-standard software and CAD facilities.
- Experience expert theoretical and practical teaching delivered by a programme team made up of academics and researchers who are making breakthroughs in their fields and work within the School’s research institutes and groups.
- Enhance your career prospects by taking advantage of our strong links with industry which give you the chance to connect with our industry contacts and potential employers through talks and networking sessions.
- Secure the career you want and join our successful alumni who now work for many excellent organisations like BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar Land Rover, British Airways and Airbus.
Information for international students
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component. For other English qualifications, read English language equivalent qualifications.
Fees and funding
International Masters Excellence Scholarship
These competitive scholarships are awarded in the form of a 25% tuition fee reduction to international candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement. There are limited scholarships available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 0031