Primary degree or equivalent in a discipline other than law (Primary Degree: Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). Places on the programme are limited and entry is competitive.
Please note that this is a level 8 qualification (undergraduate).
Months of entry
The LLB (Graduate Entry) programme is a two year full-time programme specifically designed to provide a legal education to graduates in disciplines other than law. Graduates from any discipline other than law may apply and no prior legal knowledge is necessary. Entry is competitive and the minimum entry requirement is a 2nd class honours grade 2 undergraduate degree.
The programme is ideally suited to graduates who wish to supplement their primary studies with a legal education or to graduates who are seeking a career change. The programme is also available to graduates who have studied law in a country where the legal system is not a common law system, i.e. the dominant system in countries including Ireland, England and Wales, Australia, and the United States of America.
All law subjects required by the Irish professional bodies, the Law Society and the Kings Inns, are covered in full over the course of this programme.
Information for international students
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application):
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
- Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English –Ordinary Level Grade D or above
- TOEFL – 580 (paper based), 213 (computer based), 90 (internet based)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5* for Business, Arts, Humanities or Education programmes. Minimum score of 6.0* for Science, Engineering, Informatics or Electronics programmes *with no less than 6 in any one component.
- English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
- University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English Grade A
- GCE Examination Boards – Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations – Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate – School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council – School Certificate Pass 1-6
Results in examinations other than those listed above may also be accepted as meeting our English language requirements. Contact the International Education Division for advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- LLB graduate entry
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Laura Donnellan