Normally a university degree in management, engineering, science or related disciplines at 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar non-UK institution is required. Non-graduates with very extensive professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered.
Months of entry
Competitive advantage and innovation in the digital world involves the accurate analysis and insights offered by big data — huge data sets that are constantly being generated — in order to improve effectiveness and efficiencies across several business areas, such as operations management and marketing. In order to exploit the insights provided by big data, business analytics and the effective use and understanding of data is crucial. This is a rapidly developing field, which is exhibiting massive demand from industry for qualified individuals in this area to take up roles in management globally.
The programme covers more than just the mining and analysis of data — it explores the wider application of big data to all business functions and creation of new business models.
You will develop your knowledge of the organisation, administration and governance of this data, as well as honing your analytical, organisational and leadership skills. The programme is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in this dynamic field or continue their studies to PhD level.
Developed in collaboration with industry contributors and partners including PepsiCo and AstraZeneca, the programme is also underpinned by multidisciplinary research. The programme was developed by academics in the Management School, with some modules supported by colleagues in Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
Through this programme you will:
- Prepare yourself as one of tomorrow’s managers and business executives with unique exposure to current business opportunities, challenges and developments in the area of big data business management
- Learn with cutting-edge examples. In addition to presentations, lectures and tutorials, the academic content of the programme is underpinned by case studies and projects which are supported by leading industry practitioners and researchers including Software, AG, SAP, IBM and Terracotta
- Develop and demonstrate your own knowledge with a project dissertation
- Undertake work based placements with leading companies.
Fees and funding
The Management School is offering a number of generous Scholarships and Study Awards for 2020, find out more by visiting the Scholarships webpage.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Recruitment Team
- +44 (0)151 794 5927