Normally a university degree in social sciences, arts, humanities and other relevant disciplines with a minimum of 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar non-UK institution is required. Non-graduates with very extensive professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered. All candidates must meet our required level of English.
Months of entry
The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited.
Professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, this programme is ideal for developing a career as a marketing practitioner or in related professions.
- The opportunity to benefit from a range of exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional qualification modules, which are highly sought by employers.
- The chance to undertake innovative forms of assessment involving live projects in order to blend theory with practice. Students have worked hands-on with various public and private sector organisations (e.g. Liverpool City Council, Liverpool University Library, Woolton Cinema, Liverpool Farmers’ Markets) providing a diverse range of answers to real marketing problems.
- A working knowledge of contemporary marketing issues. Coursework on recent modules has included topics such as analysis of consumer behaviour regarding social media and music downloading.
- Networking opportunities with marketing experts. In addition to a dynamic range of academic staff, guest lectures from Marketing Directors and Marketing Consultants provide real-world expertise and advice for students.
- The chance to take part in a vibrant research environment, enriched by major international marketing conferences and seminars held at the university and hosted by the School’s Marketing group.
This 12-month programme consists of eight taught compulsory modules followed by a Strategic Business Analysis/Dissertation carried out over the summer period upon completion of Semester Two.
Students successfully completing the programme will have exemption from the Strategic Marketing module on the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) Level 6 professional qualification. They have three years after graduating to complete two further modules to gain the CIM Diploma.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment
- +44 (0)151 794 5927