Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Students will normally be expected to hold a university degree in Management, Architecture, Mathematics, Business, Engineering, Science or related disciplines at 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar international institution. Non graduates with very extensive professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered. All candidates must meet our required level of English.
Months of entry
The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to hold the gold standard 'triple-crown' accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
The MSc Project Management aims to help students take the first step towards a career in the dynamic field of project management. Project Management uses organisational initiative to complete a range of tasks such as the construction of new buildings, developing the next app or design innovations in the healthcare industry. Underpinning the fundamentals of the field is the need to manage projects within constraints including time, cost, quality and scope.
The programme provides an opportunity to learn both the theoretical fundamentals of project management as well as develop the critical skills required for entry into a project management career.
The journey to becoming an effective project manager starts with the acquisition of the right tools and technologies to support decision-making and ensure timely delivery of project objectives. The MSc in Project Management has been designed to reflect on the principles and methodologies of the leading professional project management bodies. The programme is designed to facilitate the development of technical competence in areas including risk management, monitoring & control of projects, procurement as well as a core understanding of operations management, big data management and the ability to model & simulate complex problems which can plague project delivery.
The programme begins with an understanding of the terminology, core theory and tools requisite for project management activity. This is reinforced by other core modules such as uncertainty and risk (i.e. the ability to reduce/prevent problems in projects), controlling and monitoring and leadership which is a requirement for leading large/small project teams. A variety of electives are also offered including big data, logistics, operations and simulation modelling which provide an opportunity for students to focus on their areas of interest and diversify their learning, based on future career decisions.
Additionally, this programme offers other opportunities:
- Equip with the appropriate knowledge and expertise those who wish to pursue qualifications in PMP, PMI (CAPM) for those with some project management experience, PFQ for those just starting out and the CQRM dependant on your project management interest.
- To foster more practice as a project manager we have a suite of games available to test your PM skills: UNLOCK PM and Leadership
- Networking with industry experts, through guest lectures & case challenges, provide opportunities for students to experience real-world scenarios which affect projects.
- Students have a choice of either a three-month MSc project (industrial partner or research-based) or Business Simulation Analysis both with the same 60 credit value.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment