The normal requirement for entry on to a taught programme is a BA or BSc degree of 2:1 standard in a subject relevant to the proposed field of research.
Months of entry
Our MRes programme provide a personalised and focused introduction to postgraduate research allowing you to develop as an independent researcher with the support of an expert in Modern Languages and Cultures. It provides a rigorous overview of the current state of scholarship in your selected field, guides you, through a programme of directed, individualised reading, to the selection of a feasible research project, and allows you to complete a substantial piece of research.
Within Modern Language and Cultures, we offer the following pathways. Please note the pathway Programme and Major codes when applying. If you're applying to study the pathway on a part-time basis you'll need to add /p to the Programme code.
Pathway Programme code Major code
- Hispanic Studies MRES/MLHS LCHS
- Spanish Studies MRES/MLSS LCSP
- Portuguese Studies MRES/MLPS LCPS
- Catalan Studies MRES/MLCS LCCS
- Basque Studies MRES/MLBS LCBS
- French Studies MRES/MLFS LCFS
- German Studies MRES/MLGS LCGS
- Italian Studies MRES/MLIT LCIS
- Film Studies MRES/MLFS LCFS
- Chinese Studies MRES/MLCH LCCH
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment