Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To be considered for entry, you must have completed:
- An undergraduate degree with a major in a relevant discipline (computer science, data science or statistics) with a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 per cent, and
- 12.5 points (one subject) of university-level computer science (or equivalent) with content focused on computer programming, and
Both the following subjects (or their equivalents):
- MAST10006 Calculus 2
- MAST10007 Linear Algebra.
Months of entry
The management and analysis of big data are becoming increasingly important in commerce, industry and applied sciences. Data science is a rapidly growing field that has evolved to address this need, and sits at the intersection of statistics and computer science.
The newly-established Master of Data Science combines these disciplines in a single coordinated program. Students will develop the technological abilities and analytical skills needed to manage and gain insights from large and complex collections of data. You will additionally become well-versed in using statistical tools, techniques and methods, along with in-depth analysis and evaluation, to solve real-world problems in the data realm.
Information for international students
Applicants are required to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for graduate programs. Refer to our Graduate English requirements for further information.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Samantha Fossey
- Phone:13 MELB ( 13 6352)International:+61 3 9035 551