Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2:2 (or international equivalent) or relevant professional qualification.
Months of entry
This course is ideal if you are looking to develop a better understanding of how educational leadership influences the experiences of staff and students.
It is designed for those who have experience of working in schools, colleges, universities and other educational providers, as well as those with an academic interest in studying educational leadership and management.
Drawing on UK and international research, much of which has been conducted by those who teach on the course, it seeks to:
- improve understanding of leadership practices, both nationally and internationally, in social, cultural, political and policy contexts
- strengthen knowledge of leadership and change management
- utilise existing and emerging international research-informed knowledge of educational leadership
- engage in critical discussion of a range of practices in the leadership and management of other adults in organisations
- enable a deeper understanding of your organisation, and the environment in which you operate
- promote the development of you, your colleagues and your organisation
A key focus is on supporting practice-based inquiry and how this can be applied to the way you work.
You will engage with the latest education research relating to leadership and management and will learn how to conduct research in order to drive development and change your own professional content.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
1 year full-time including dissertation, 2 years part-time via summer school plus dissertation
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Support Hub
- +44 (0)115 951 5559