2:2 (or international equivalent) or relevant professional qualification.
Months of entry
This distance learning course is ideal if you are looking to develop a better understanding of how educational leadership influences the experiences of staff and students.
This course is designed for those who have experience of working in schools, colleges, universities and other educational providers. Drawing on UK and international research, much of which has been conducted by those who teach on the course, it seeks to:
- improve understanding of leadership practices, both nationally and internationally, in social, cultural, political and policy contexts
- strengthen knowledge of leadership and change management
- utilise existing and emerging international research-informed knowledge of educational leadership
- engage in critical discussion of a range of practices in the leadership and management of other adults in organisations
- enable a deeper understanding of your organisation, and the environment in which you operate
- promote the development of you, your colleagues and your organisation
A key focus is on supporting practice-based inquiry and how this can be applied to the way you work.
You will engage with the latest education research relating to leadership and management and will learn how to conduct research in order to drive development and change your own professional content.
The School of Education has an outstanding international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research in educational leadership and management. Its staff are world-leading in this field.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 951 5559