If you are in a non-technical leadership role and need to understand cyber security in an operational and strategic context, yet have a gap in your knowledge, this online short course is designed for you.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, it is not suitable for anyone with a technical background who deals with cyber security threats directly.
You should consider this course if:
- you are a leader or aspiring leader of a public sector department, function or within the civil service;
- you are a leader in a private organisation which provides public services; or
- you are a leader in any organisation that stores substantial amounts of personal or sensitive data.
Please be aware that this course will take a certain level of commitment. Learners are expected to dedicate 3-5 hours a week to their studies, with all activities and tasks taking place online.
Months of entry
February, May, July, October
Delivered by Oxford University's Blavatnik School of Government and the world's leading digital learning company, Pearson, Cyber Security for Public Leadership: Planning, Policy and Strategy is an intensive eight-week course that teaches you how to consider cyber security strategy and threat intelligence as an integral part of your operations, policies and planning.
Upon successful completion, you will have built the skills needed to better plan for and respond to potential cyber security threats in a more strategic way.
After taking the course, you will be better equipped to:
- identify appropriate cyber risks for your organisation;
- make well-informed decisions when procuring new technologies;
- accurately assess the levels of security risk facing your organisation;
- work with technology experts to develop and implement strategies to mitigate cyber threats; and
- respond effectively and efficiently to cyber security incidents.
The course is part of a suite of online short courses in government and public policy from the Blavatnik School of Government and Pearson.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Short course
- part time2 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Online courses