You should possess a first or upper second (2:1) degree with honours (from a UK university) or professional qualification, recognised as being equivalent to degree standard; or an ordinary degree, foundation degree, higher national diploma, or university diploma, accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field.
Months of entry
Do you want to develop your own original writing whilst engaging with the best contemporary work being published? You’ll refine your craft with guidance from the award-winning writers who teach on this workshop-based MA, as well as from visiting writers. Make the most of an opportunity to produce a substantial written project in a nurturing, creative environment. The writing skills you’ll develop will help ensure that, upon graduating, your work is ready for submission to publishers and agents.
- Develop your confidence and writing skills in an environment supportive of creative work.
- Produce a substantial writing project which you can submit to publishers and agents.
- Benefit from the depth of experience and knowledge shared by our staff, including several award-winning writers, and visiting writers.
- Expand your own writing experience through submitting work to student publications such as Ink, and the University press published literary journal, Short Fiction.
- Increase your critical self-awareness on a programme designed to round you as a writer.
- Enrich your learning experience through workshop-based seminars that allow you to explore the diverse strands of creative writing, from stories to screenplays.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858