A good honours degree, first or second class, or equivalent, in any discipline.
Months of entry
This one-year conversion MSc is designed for graduates from a wide range of disciplines and experience. It gives you skills in data analytics, computing and business. Using sophisticated analytics techniques, including social network visualisation and sentiment analysis, and professional software, including R tidyverse, Python and SQL/NoSQL, you gain the skills and knowledge to transform data into commercial value and boost your employability
- Equipping applicants from almost all undergraduate degrees with broad professional competence in one of the world economy’s most sought-after postgraduate subject areas.
- Offering an equal number of taught credits in the three areas of data modelling, computer science and business, with a wide choice of available business modules.
- Providing a flexible individual project in one or more of the three taught areas supervised by world-leading subject experts.
- Establishing high proficiency in the use and application of state-of-the-art programming languages including including R, Python, SQL and NoSQL.
- Benefitting from easy access to cutting-edge specialist labs and next-generation software and hardware on a single campus. You will benefit directly from facilities such as our NVIDIA sponsored GPU Research Centre and our High-Performance Computing Centre.
- Developing modern analytics expertise for obtaining business, scientific and social insights from big data sources and social networks such as Twitter.
- Enjoy research-led teaching from leading academics with world-renowned expertise in data science, data analytics, statistics, computer science and business.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admission Enquiries
- +44 (0)1752 585858