A good honours degree, first or second class, or equivalent, in any discipline.
Months of entry
The growing availability of huge amounts of data in business and industry is generating a high demand for graduates able to handle and exploit big data. Using sophisticated analytics techniques, including social network visualisation and sentiment analysis, and professional software, including R tidyverse, C# and SQL, you will gain the skills and knowledge to transform data into commercial value and boost your employability.
- Equipping applicants from almost all undergraduate degrees with broad professional competence in one of the world economy’s most sought-after postgraduate subject areas.
- Offering an equal number of taught credits in the three areas of data modelling, computer science and business, with a wide choice of available business modules.
- Providing a flexible individual project in one or more of the three taught areas supervised by world-leading subject experts.
- Establishing high proficiency in the use and application of state-of-the-art programming languages including R tidyverse, C# and SQL.
- Benefitting from easy access to cutting-edge specialist labs and next-generation software and hardware on a single campus. You will benefit directly from facilities such as our NVIDIA sponsored GPU Research Centre and our High-Performance Computing Centre.
- Developing modern analytics expertise for obtaining business, scientific and social insights from big data sources and social networks such as Twitter.
- Enjoy research-led teaching from leading academics with world-renowned expertise in data science, data analytics, statistics, computer science and business.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admission Enquiries
- +44 (0)1752 585858