You’ll need a minimum of a lower second class BEng honours degree (2:2) or an upper second class BSc honours degree (2:1) in mechanical engineering or other closely related discipline. If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered. If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. The minimum IELTS score for English proficiency for entry is 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This engineering masters has been developed specifically for graduate engineers. Build your skills, knowledge and understanding of engineering design practice, modern design tools, and advanced engineering technologies. Advance your professional competency and readiness to tackle complex engineering challenges, whilst fulfilling the educational requirements of the Chartered Engineer Standard (CEng).
- Designed so that graduate engineers can fulfil the educational requirements of the CEng Standard.
- Advance your professional competency and work place readiness.
- Develop a rigorous understanding of engineering design methodology; modern design tactics and practice; and the theory of technical systems.
- Acquire deeper understanding of computer aided engineering techniques; the modelling and analysis of engineering systems; and verification, validation and optimisation techniques.
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of a technological subject or aspect of professional practice that is pertinent to your own professional development needs.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity to solve a complex engineering problem in your dissertation project.
- Exploit the broad range of engineering research and technical facilities of the University.
- Study over one year full time or two years part time.
Fees and funding
You may now be eligible for a government loan of up to £10,280 towards the cost of your masters.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details