2:1 honours degree or above from within the last five years. GCSEs Mathematics and English at grade C. Preference is given to you if you have obtained these grades on application.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or Mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course. Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. You must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
Months of entry
Do you want to promote and restore people’s health and well-being? On this two year masters programme you'll learn how to enhance people’s occupational function in everyday life in order to meet their biological, psychological, social and spiritual needs through exploration and adaptation. You will become a highly skilled, reflective and confident occupational therapy practitioner, able to critically evaluate the importance of occupational engagement for every stage of an individual’s life.
- Study full time over two years and gain an MSc as your entry qualification to the profession.
- Join an enthusiastic team of occupational therapists, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students who are pushing forward the boundaries of knowledge on occupational therapy and occupational science.
- Take the opportunity to study on the only programme of its kind in the South West.
- Cover the required 90 weeks of pre-registration study in two years, instead of the usual three years, on the full-time accelerated programme, to qualify and gain employment quicker.
- Develop your understanding of the philosophy of the profession and the relevant sciences that guide practice, as well as the creative reflexivity for effecting necessary change.
- Benefit from the experience of being out on placement for 29 weeks – gain invaluable knowledge, skills and industry contacts which will help boost your future career prospects.
- Looking for a change of career? Prepare yourself for a new future role. Your first degree does not have to be from a health profession background to study on this programme.
- Successfully complete the programme and you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council and to be a member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Your qualification will be recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists, meaning you may be eligible to apply to work overseas.
Information for international students
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements. If you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree programme at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details