Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To join this course, you must have:
- A first or an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or a degree with relevant experience, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Data plays a major role in modern organisations, especially in research and developing business strategies, so employees with the skills to translate complicated data sets into solutions are in demand. Develop valuable data analysis skills to find solutions for businesses everywhere on this Master’s course.
Why this MSc Data Analytics?
With an MSc in Data Analytics, you can take your interest in data into a role that specifically calls for your talents.
On this course, you'll be taught critical thinking and analysis skills by academics conducting research into artificial intelligence, machine learning and other areas relevant to data analytics.
You’ll sharpen your technical and technological abilities and master data mining tools, analysing real data gathered from our cosmology, cybersecurity and health informatics research.
Our MSc Data Analytics is a conversion course, so you won’t need any prior knowledge or experience in the fields of data analytics, computer science or programming to apply. We welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What you’ll study
On this course, you'll:
- Analyse real data to provide answers for practical problems
- Get remote access to our computer clusters and supercomputers
- Learn about applied data analytics and engineering, advanced data management, big data applications and business intelligence
- Discover and manage the business value provided by data sets
- Become familiar with popular software and tools such as Knime, Tableau, Hadoop and Spark
How you're assessed
All assessments for this course are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Practical work, including task-based exercises
- Written assignments
- Master’s Engineering or Study Project
- You'll also receive formal and informal tutor feedback to help you improve future work.
Career prospects and opportunities
Many organisations require data and someone skilled to make sense of it.
After studying this course, you’ll have practical experience with research and software and the specialist knowledge to excel within various industries.
You could go on to a career in artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics.
- Roles open to you could include:
- Data scientist/analyst
- Chief data officer
- Information strategist
- Database programmer
- Business intelligence analyst
- Forecasting business analyst
- Health data scientist
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Study Online
- +44 (0)23 9400 3692