Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To join this course, you must have:
Months of entry
January, May, September
Course Leader Dr Sara Hadleigh-Dunn explains that there’s no getting around the importance of risk management in modern organisations – whether it’s strategic, financial, operational or compliance-related.
"Risk, crisis and resilience management is a strategic way of conceptualising potential risks and making your organisation more resilient for the future by putting contingency measures in place. The ability to prepare comprehensive plans for if or when crises strike is valuable in a huge range of industries.”
Sharpen your ability to critically think and plan with this expansive MSc, and become a vital player in organisations worldwide.
This course is accredited by The Institute of Risk Management (IRM). Once you graduate you will be entitled to exemption from all 6 modules of the International Diploma in Risk Management. You can apply for GradIRM membership after you graduate, and if you have 3 or more years of relevant experience you can upgrade to Certified Membership.
Why this MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management?
Risk management is a major priority for many organisations across various industries. It’s critical in ensuring corporate sustainability, resilience and profitability.
That’s why a demand in competent, informed and experienced risk managers exists, and why an MSc in Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management could open many career opportunities to you.
On this course, you’ll learn what counts as risk and how to manage this within an organisational setting. You’ll explore different facets within industries, including varying perceptions of risk, how to prepare for risks and crises, management approaches and techniques and how to lead employees in difficult times.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge and experience to create a robust risk culture within a business and develop appropriate strategies to manage risk. You’ll have critical thinking, decision making and analysis skills that you can use immediately to help organisations prepare for crises.
What you’ll study
Our MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management course will give you the knowledge, skills and experience needed to excel within the field.
On this course, you'll:
- Identify risk across sectors and develop appropriate strategies and techniques to prepare for and cope with crises
- Discover how to develop a strong risk culture to enable more effective risk management
- Gain the ability to stay calm under pressure and make decisions and communicate them effectively, clearly and concisely regardless of audience
- Learn to understand differing perceptions of risk and cultural differences in approaches to risk, as well as the impact these might have
- Develop critical thinking and analysis skills to evaluate problems in an organisational context
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Study Online