Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A 2:2 honours degree with RIBA Part 1 exemption. Applicants who do not hold a recognised UK Part 1 qualification will need to undertake and pass the ARB prescribed exam for Part 1 prior to joining the Apprenticeship course.
- All applicants to the degree apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass – please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you an unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
- An online portfolio submission and/or interview may be required as part of the selection process.
Months of entry
- Develop the creative and professional abilities needed for a practicing architect
- Learn how to come up with creative and strategic solutions to a variety of architectural challenges
- Get a MArch degree (Part 2) while you earn a salary (pending ARB/RIBA accreditation)
- Put what you learn into practice in the workplace, preparing yourself for Part 3 studies in your final year
- Have access to the University's student support services and community, including the Library, study support, sports and recreation facilities, and the Students’ Union
- Build a network of professional peers during your time at university, sharing your ideas and knowledge
- Get practical work experience in your job, giving you an advantage over students who go to University full-time
- Get a personal tutor from the University and a workplace mentor
Information for international students
Fees and funding
The course fee is shared between the Government and some employers, meaning no cost to you as the degree apprentice.
Please see our Degree Apprenticeships page, or contact us for further information: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/studying-while-working/degree-apprenticeships
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Degree Apprenticeships
- 02392 848599