A good honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent. Exceptionally, a strong profile of relevant professional experience and/or training and demonstration of academic ability to achieve at postgraduate level, will be considered.
All applicants to the Degree Apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass - please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you an unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.5.
Months of entry
Do you want to get a Master's qualification and develop your leadership and management skills while you earn a salary and work full time?
On this senior leader MSc Educational Leadership and Management degree apprenticeship course, you'll learn about leadership strategy, decision-making in education and human resource management. Whether you work in teaching, social care, healthcare, youth work or the police, you'll build on your previous skills, studies and experience and develop your expertise, theories and techniques to postgraduate level.
While this course is primarily work based, with teaching delivered online, you'll also need to attend an induction seminar on campus, and take one face-to-face unit. You'll typically spend about 20% of your time at work studying via distance learning. You'll also need to do some study out of work time. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees – so it doesn’t cost you anything.
Once you complete the course, you'll have the skills and knowledge to take on new responsibilities in educational leadership and management and seek out ambitious new roles.
On this course, you'll:
- Learn the key themes in current research and professional practice
- Apply what you learn in your current workplace, to ensure that your learning is meaningful and professionally relevant
- Get a learning manager from the University and a workplace mentor
- Tap in to our Library’s electronic resources, which you can access from anywhere with a Web connection
- Have access to the University's student support services and community including study support and the Students’ Union
- Work at your own pace, in your own time, in any location, with interactive online learning materials
- Take part in live Web-based chat forums to discuss your work with lecturers and other students
- Network with other students on the course to share ideas, knowledge, experience and contacts
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team