An honours degree in a relevant subject, with approximately 50% English content and a classification of at least 2:1. GCSE Mathematics and English language at grade C (Grade 4) or above, or equivalent.
Applicants whose first language is not English, and who do not have GCSE English language at grade C (Grade 4) or above, require English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component less than 6.0.
All shortlisted applicants are subject to interview. All offers are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance and Occupational Health clearance.
Months of entry
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Computer Science
- Science (with biology, physics or chemistry)
- On this course, you'll:
- Develop your teaching skills through practical activity and the study of theories and contemporary issues in education
- Share your experience and learn from other students through lectures and seminars
- Learn key teaching skills, including lesson planning, classroom management, and special needs and inclusion
- Develop your subject-based knowledge
- Get work experience in a teaching placement, where you'll work closely with mentors and other school staff
- Study a range of topics including pedagogy and practice based research; lesson planning; behaviour management; assessment, and special education needs and inclusion
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566