Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Are you looking to build real business work experience and improve your leadership and cross-cultural communication skills, while also earning a Master's degree?
This 2-year MA Business Communication for International Leadership (with Professional Experience) degree course will help you achieve all three.
You'll spend your first year at university, developing your business communication and leadership skills with international markets in mind, including how to negotiate and positively influence people. You'll sharpen your verbal and written communication style and multi-cultural interpersonal skills – crucial for becoming an effective international communicator.
During your second year, you'll put your learning into action on a 12-month work placement in business or taking part in a professional experience programme tailored to your chosen career.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to take on managerial positions in multinational or international companies in fields such as corporate communication, marketing, public relations, social enterprise, management consultancy, human resource management, banking, logistics and distribution.
What you'll experience
On this Business Communication for International Leadership Master's, you'll:
- Get invaluable first-hand business experience on a 12-month professional experience module or work placement related to your chosen career, working alongside expert business people to apply your learning and improve your employability
- Develop your verbal and written business communication and interpersonal skills, so you can engage effectively in dialogue and negotiations across international boundaries
- Learn how to understand and address cross-cultural differences, so you can lead an international workforce effectively
- Immerse yourself in current business practice by engaging with experts during your studies, through guest lectures, interviews and discussion forums with industry personnel and practitioners
- Explore strategies for sustainable leadership, managing diversity, change management and negotiation
Transferable skills you'll develop include:
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation techniques
- Presentation skills
Work experience and career planning
The business world needs international leaders who can operate across cross-cultural organisational boundaries and make crucial decisions in an increasingly complex global environment.
This Master's degree will give you an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification, excellent communication skills, and a year of practical experience in the business world.
With your global mindset, you'll be able to address challenges that organisations face in relation to a wide range of issues, such as reputation management, ethical business practices and sustainability.
Fees and funding
For information about fees and funding your studies, please visit: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/masters-and-postgraduate-taught/fees-and-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team