First or good second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) in archaeology, history, environmental studies or any related field.
Months of entry
* Enjoy the freedom to develop your own research interests
* Become part of a world-leading department with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research
* Choose to study with any of our internationally renowned staff
* Take advantage of thematic and skills-based options to deepen your understanding of the past
* Benefit from dedicated laboratories and state-of-the-art facilities
Archaeology at Reading
We offer advanced study in archaeology on programmes taught by academics with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. 97% of our research was judged to be of international standing in the latest Research Excellence Framework, 2014.
We provide a friendly and supportive community, and our staff have a strong reputation for being accessible and approachable.
Take advantage of outstanding teaching collections and facilities housed in modern premises. You will benefit from our dedicated Archaeology Building and purpose-built teaching laboratories containing our rich collection of artefacts, ecofacts, human remains and animal bones. You will also have easy access to our three superb on-campus museums.
We are skills focused – through our world-leading fieldwork and research projects we train graduates to the highest standards as a preparation for doctoral study and employment in a wide variety of sectors. We provide a strong research grounding linking social and scientific archaeology.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
MA: 1 year(s) full-time, MA: 2 year(s) part-time, MA (Res): 12 months full-time, MA (Res): 24 months part-time
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team