You are normally required to have a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK). A knowledge of agriculture is desirable, but motivation and a desire to contribute towards global problems linked to agriculture and food production are vital.
Months of entry
* Agriculture at Reading is rated best in the UK (QS World Ranking 2017)
* Develop skills for working along the research-extension-development continuum
* Examine agriculture’s contribution towards the UN’s sustainable development goals
* Analyse the biophysical, economic and social contexts for sustainable intensification of farming systems in developing countries
* Visit farms and research stations
* Choose an agriculture or horticulture pathway
About the Department
International Development, Agriculture and Economics at Reading
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) attracts more than 90 masters students each year from over 40 countries; it is an outstanding example of a globalised educational experience.
The diverse nature of our degree courses reflects our international expertise, and our interactive approach to learning gives you a coherent understanding of theory, practice and current debates in international development, agriculture and economics. We are ranked 1st in the UK and 10th in the world for teaching and research in agriculture and forestry.
You will be taught by internationally renowned academics working at the forefront of research, practice and policy development. Our expertise spans agriculture and economics, horticulture, food, marketing, rural environments and international development. There are also excellent opportunities for short work placements overseas.
For information on funding and scholarships, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/apd-pgt-funding.aspx.
 QS World University Rankings, 2017.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team