Although a good first or second class UK honours degree, or overseas equivalent, will usually be required. Professional experience will be taken into account and applicants will be considered on their overall suitability for the programme.
Months of entry
Our Masters programme will prepare you to work as Human Resource Management (HRM) professionals or people managers within international organisations.
You will receive grounding in international HRM, focusing on its development into a strategic function within global organisations. You will develop an awareness of the various elements of HRM practice, notably training and development, recruitment and selection, talent management and performance management. With this MSc course, you will be equipped with a range of analytical, diagnostic and facilitative tools to support your future work. You are required to complete a research-based project in the summer term.
- This programme will equip you with a range of analytical, diagnostic and facilitative tools to prepare students for work as human resource management professionals within international organisations
- Gain an understanding of the development of HRM into a strategic function and the growth of International HRM
- With an emphasis on relevance and employability you will develop an awareness of the various elements of human resource management practice
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), AACSB and EQUIS, thus providing a route to CIPD membership
- Benefit from having professional guest speakers and study trips to put theories into practice
- Tailor the programme to suit your needs through a selection of optional modules
- Scholarships are available for outstanding candidates
Information for international students
English Language Requirements
Studying in a second language can be challenging. If your English language ability is below the minimum requirement, we may ask for evidence of proficiency. Alternatively, we may ask you to attend an English language course before you begin your studies with us.
Acceptance of LanguageCert Online and DuoLingo English qualifications
We appreciate the difficulties that some students are having with the availability of English Language tests, as the impact of the global pandemic continues. As a result of this, we are pleased to announce that we can now accept the non-SELT version of LanguageCert (which includes the online version) and DuoLingo as suitable English language qualifications. These can be accepted for direct entry onto Undergraduate (except Speech and Language Therapy), Postgraduate Taught (except Speech and Language Therapy) and Postgraduate Research programmes.
For information on individual programme requirements and other English language qualifications, please visit our English requirement equivalent page.
If you require specific advice on your qualification please contact admissions directly by e-mail or telephone at +44 (0) 118 378 5289.
Fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for UK/Home and International applicants. Please note that scholarship application is via the University of Reading applicant portal once an offer has been made. You can only apply when you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional). When you view your offer in the portal you will see the link to apply for scholarship(s) relevant to your offer.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Henley Business School Recruitment Team