Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in any subject. Suitable For: Students who wish to enter or are already employed in environmental roles such as advisors, consultants, environmental managers or regulators in local government, and national and multinational businesses. We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully. The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course. Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Environmental Assessment and Management at Salford:
- Recognised by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) as having cognate degree status
- Opportunities for project work with private, public and third sector organisations
- A residential field course and interactive site visits which offer practical experience
This course offers a broad-based curriculum studying the relationships between human and natural components of the environment.
It is designed to produce graduates sufficiently equipped to play a leading role in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of environmental policy initiatives within the environmental industries.
This course enables you to develop essential knowledge and skills to progress to a professional career in environmental management, regulation or consultancy.
Information for international students
International and EU students must provide evidence of proficiency in English – IELTS 6.0 overall with no individual band score below 5.5.
Fees and funding
Part-time £922 (per 30 credits)
Full-time International £12,800
Part-time £1,012 (per 30 credits)
Full-time International £13,050
- Field courses - a non refundable deposit of £25 is charged for all residential field courses
- Field trips - students will not be charged for field (day) trips but are expected to provide their own refreshments.
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 295 4545