Applicants to the MSc must have a minimum of:
- A second class undergraduate honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- A second class undergraduate honours degree in an unrelated discipline and significant relevant work experience within the built environment, or
- A recognised appropriate professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB.
Applicants to the LLM must have a minimum of:
- A second class undergraduate honours qualifying law degree, or
- A recognised appropriate professional legal qualification.
Months of entry
Construction law and practice affects stakeholders working across the international construction sector. This course will provide you with the legal knowledge and commercial awareness required to perform your current role more effectively or to move into a specialist role in construction law.
You will examine the responsibilities of employers, contractors and construction professionals together with the problems raised by the complexities of construction, design liability and insurance. Construction contracts and the law underpinning them, together with a wide range of standard form contracts are studied to assess and manage risk. You will also study the complex issues arising from the multiparty nature of the construction process and the particular challenges of international construction, together with the uncertainties that can arise from the passage of time and latent defects.
The full masters award is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), allowing exemption from their academic entry requirements, as well as ensuring that you are educated to the highest industry standards.
There is also an LLM route available for this course.
Information for international students
International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with no band below 5.5 is proof of this.
Fees and funding
For more information please see the funding section.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 295 4545