- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills (integrative pathway) or equivalent (minimum of Level 4 training and approximately 150 hours to include counselling skills, integrative counselling
- Enhanced DBS check
- Two references uploaded with your application (one from your previous/current counselling tutor)
- A degree or a qualification at Level 6 or above
- A confirmed suitable placement for counselling practice
Months of entry
This two-year counselling and psychotherapy course, accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), emphasises the integration of theory, research, practice, and a commitment to self-awareness to help you develop into a competent, creative and ethically-sound counsellor. The programme has a long tradition of preparing students to be versatile and adaptable in their therapeutic practice to meet the individual needs of different client groups and work settings.
The Postgraduate Diploma Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy has been designed to serve as a professional qualification for students seeking a career as a qualified counsellor/psychotherapist working in the statutory and voluntary sectors, in business or private practice. The course facilitates students in developing a critical understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of integrative counselling practice, with a view to them developing their own coherent, ethical and effective approach to counselling practice, which can be adapted for use in a wide range of settings for short and long term work. On completion, you will be ready to work as a trained Integrative therapist.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions