Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
At least an upper second class honours BEng or BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering, science or technology subject is required for entry.
Relevant engineering, science or technology subject are those in numerate and/or scientific disciplines related to engineering (e.g. physics, mathematics, chemistry, geology).
Months of entry
The two-year integrated MSc Civil Engineering course is ideal for non-civil engineering graduates, who can demonstrate competence in mathematics and physics and wish to switch to a career in civil engineering. The first year covers some fundamental engineering science of the core civil engineering disciplines preparing you for a second year studying alongside the one-year MSc Civil Engineering degree.
This two-year MSc will provide you with a sound understanding of the fundamental principles and applications of Civil Engineering.
- Study advanced modules in coastal, environmental, infrastructure and transport engineering.
- Be taught by our internationally-renowned research academics.
- Undertake a research project, enabling you to apply the knowledge and transferable skills developed during the programme.
- Be prepared for employment as a graduate engineer in the civil engineering industry.
Information for international students
All applicants must demonstrate they possess at least a minimum standard of English language proficiency:
Band B, IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in all components.
Fees and funding
Scholarships, bursaries, sponsorships or grants may be available to support you through your course. Funding opportunities available to you are linked to your subject area and/or your country of origin. These can be from the University of Southampton or other sources.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Engineering and the Environment
- +44 (0)23 8059 4651