UK 2:2 Hons degree or above or an equivalent standard in other qualifications approved by the University in a relevant subject from an approved institution of higher education. A current professional registration with a relevant UK professional/statutory body normally the Health and Care Professions Council or the General Pharmaceutical Council.
Months of entry
This programme provides an academic underpinning that meets the contemporary challenges of advanced clinical practice and will enable you to practice with a high level of clinical autonomy in roles that require you to assess, diagnose, treat and manage the care of people with undifferentiated and/or complex clinical presentations.
This particular pathway is suitable for you if you are one of the growing number of UK registered practitioners working in (or towards) a role as an Advanced or Consultant Practitioner within your profession, or a similar role that sits at the interface between your own profession and medicine. This includes most of the professions registered with the Health and Care Professions Council or the General Pharmaceutical Council.
The pathway is offered on a part time basis of two to five years only. This is to enable you to gain sufficient practice experience alongside your part time theoretical learning
In the advanced practitioner pathways you will:
- Examine role development in relation to advanced practice
- Explore how to meaningfully apply evidence to your field of practice and clinical speciality
- Apply communication and clinical decision-making skills to your professional practice
- Undertake learning which enables you to develop new and/or enhanced clinical skills in relation to client health assessment, diagnostic reasoning and pharmacology
- Demonstrate your clinical competence through simulated and practice based clinical assessment
- If you are eligible to practice as an independent or supplementary prescriber you will have the opportunity to obtain the V300 non-medical prescribing qualification
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Enquiries