A 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
Sustainable Development is a framework to address pressing environmental and development challenges whilst facilitating transformation for a better world. The MSc programme fosters critical and creative thinking about sustainability and sustainable development, and allows students to develop the skills and competencies needed for a career in and beyond academia.
The MSc in Sustainable Development explores the socio-economic, political, and environmental aspects of the inter-relationships between human development and sustainability.
- Introduces key topics in sustainable development, providing a broad-based overview of the field.
- Interdisciplinary character helps you to develop a more rounded understanding of sustainable development questions and concepts.
- Critical study of socio-economic, political, and environmental aspects gives a remarkable richness and depth compared with conventional single-subject degrees.
- Considers sustainability from the perspectives of the public, businesses, and policymakers and the relationships between academia, policy, and society.
Fees and funding
The University of St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, regardless of financial circumstances. Find out more about the scholarships and postgraduate loans available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2894