A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. No previous training in sustainable development is required.
Months of entry
The MSc in Sustainable Development is a one-year, full-time taught postgraduate programme run by the School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
Sustainable development is now widely regarded as the most promising framework within which the challenges of clean water and adequate sanitation, energy generation and supply, human health, food production and distribution, and the threats to biodiversity can be addressed. The MSc programme will enable you to develop the knowledge you need to understand and address sustainability issues from multiple perspectives.
- Interdisciplinary teaching provides multiple perspectives. Students are taught by experts from disciplines across the University and beyond.
- Field trips (at no additional cost) explore practical applications of sustainable development.
- Practical experience supplements leading theory.
- Skills development is integral such as applications of GIS and impact assessment.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2894