A 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
The MLitt in Global Social and Political Thought provides an innovative transnational and comparative approach to the study of the history and influence of global thought traditions.
Global intellectual history – the transnational and comparative approach to the history of ideas – is a developing field of academic study. Studying for the MLitt in Global Social and Political Thought, you will explore social and political ideas from around the world, the connections that link global thought traditions, and the ways in which those traditions continue to influence our world.
- Introduces key topics in global thought, providing a broad overview of the field.
- Transnational and comparative approach gives this programme a remarkable richness and depth compared with conventional intellectual history degrees.
- Interdisciplinary character helps you to develop a more rounded understanding of the questions and concepts of global thought.
- Prepares students for further academic study and research.
- Integrated training programme connects your academic learning with the development of personal and professional competencies.
The MLitt in Global Social and Political Thought is an interdisciplinary degree with a global approach: it gives you an opportunity to study social and political thought, not just from Europe as is common in other universities, but also from societies across Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2032