A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree.
Months of entry
The MLitt in Global Social and Political Thought explores the history and influence of social and political ideas. You will develop an interdisciplinary understanding of global thought traditions as well as learn applied skills in comparative analysis and cultural evaluation.
- Aimed at students who want to deepen their understanding of global thought traditions including those who may want to continue to a doctoral degree.
- Degree structure and content helps students with limited direct subject experience to develop advanced knowledge and understanding.
- Transnational and comparative study of global traditions gives a remarkable richness and depth compared with conventional political thought degrees.
- Interdisciplinary character allows you to use ideas from different disciplines to illuminate your studies.
- Integrated training programme connects your academic learning with the development of professional competencies that enhance employability.
The MLitt in Global Social and Political Thought is a one-year full-time degree. You will complete two compulsory modules in semester 1 (September to December) and two further compulsory modules in semester 2 (January to May).
You will use the period from June to August to complete a supervised research project.
The MLitt degree involves both independent and group study, and teaching methods include seminars, workshops, and practical sessions.
Most modules are assessed through coursework, including essays, reflective assignments, and presentations.
The modules in this programme have varying methods of delivery and assessment. For more details of modules offered at St Andrews, including weekly contact hours, teaching methods and assessment, please see our website; some elements may be subject to change for 2020 entry.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2032