A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. A degree in art history is strongly recommended but is not an essential requirement.
Months of entry
The MLitt in Art History is designed to:
- Develop and enhance core research and writing skills.
- Introduce and deepen knowledge of the theoretical and methodological foundations of art history.
- Enable students to explore current critical debates, art media and contextual questions.
- The choice of modules allows wide-ranging study of thematic or methodological issues, as well as focused research pathways.
- Small class sizes prioritise discussion with peers and interaction with the tutor.
- Students have the opportunity to attend class trips, and there is a research seminar with guest lecturers for all staff and students every two weeks. Students may also apply to take part in exchange programmes at our partner institutions.
- Students have access to extensive library holdings including a major visual resources collection with over 150,000 images.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2399