A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a subject-related area. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
The MLitt in Medieval History allows students to study a variety of topics in depth from across the medieval worlds, from Central Asia to the Atlantic and from Iceland to Egypt. This broad-ranging programme is designed to cater for students of differing career ambitions, areas of specialisation and previous training.
The MLitt in Mediaeval History is a taught postgraduate programme run by the School of History.
- The course benefits from an immense range of expertise from medieval scholars.
- The flexible nature of the programme makes it suitable both for those wishing to go on to doctoral research and for those wishing only to take a year’s specialist study.
- Study fosters fundamental research skills, including bibliography and source criticism.
- Develops writing skills for the presentation of extended research projects, including as training for doctoral study.
Fees and funding
The University of St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, regardless of financial circumstances. Find out more about the scholarships and postgraduate loans available.
The School of History is pleased to be able to offer a number of competitive scholarships which contribute to the fees and maintenance for postgraduate study.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2907