Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.Other routes of entry
If you don’t currently meet the academic requirements for this course, INTO University of Stirling offers a variety of preparation programmes that can earn you the qualifications and skills you need for direct entry.
Explore INTO Stirling programmes to see the pathway and pre-masters routes available for this course and others at the University of Stirling.
Months of entry
This exciting MSc Data Science for Business is the first in Scotland to be developed with input from SAS, a global leader in business analytics solutions; leading financial services organisation HSBC and The Data Lab to ensure it meets industry needs.
The degree provides you with a deep understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of advanced analytics and their application in strategic and operational decision-making while addressing the acknowledged shortage of business leaders and managers with a detailed working knowledge of data analytics. As a graduate you’ll have a highly sought-after blend of data analytics, business acumen and advanced management skills.
You can develop specialist skills by choosing elective modules from finance, computing science and management. You’ll work on real life consultancy-style projects alongside industry leaders in data analytics. Our extensive network of external organisations across all sectors provides opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in business analytics roles.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
If you are from India, Bangladesh, Ghana or Nigeria please also check your country/region specific page for any additional, or changes to, English language requirements.
For more information on ways that you can meet our English language requirements, including options to waive the requirement, please read our information on English language requirement
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Stirling