Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Successful applicants will be expected to hold:
- a good quality undergraduate degree or relevant professional qualification
- a teaching qualification (or its equivalent) or relevant experience within an educational setting
Months of entry
If you're already in employment and looking for a qualification that'll enhance your professional practice, this is the course for you.
It's a new part-time blended learning course, designed for professional people working in education who are already in or want to move into leadership roles.
The course draws on recent insights into educational leadership across the world. It focuses on leadership in a range of educational settings:
- further education
- higher education
- the voluntary sector
You'll develop your understanding of leadership, the purposes which educational leadership serves, school improvement, and the international, national and local policy contexts that shape how leadership is enacted.
You'll gain a thorough grounding in research methods and reasoning which will enable you to study an area of specific interest to yourself through a dissertation.
The course will enable you to:
- build on your existing knowledge, understanding skills
- develop insights into your own professional development and your understanding of yourself as a leader
- build understanding which will enable you to develop your leadership capacities and skills
- specialise in an area of specific interest to yourself
The course will be delivered by a high-quality team of staff, including experts in their fields of study with experience of leadership in educational settings.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)141 444 8600