You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above in a relevant social sciences or humanities subject. You can also apply for the course if you don’t have the academic qualifications required, but can show relevant professional/creative skills and experience.
Months of entry
This MA is for you if you have a passion for news, current affairs, documentary or any aspect of factual programme-making. It offers a practical training in, and critical engagement with, journalism and documentary-making.
You’ll learn how to:
- create informed and engaging journalism – for print or radio and tv (off or online) – to a professional standard
- develop your visual and verbal storytelling
- research, shoot and edit documentaries about the topics that interest you most
- project manage, schedule, budget and distribute your documentary work
- contextualise your practice through critical study of current media developments.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries