Postgraduate Certificate in Education International (PGCEi)
You must hold an approved Bachelor’s degree with Honours at 2:ii or above, (or) equivalent level.
Primary trainees: Maths GCSE A-C or equivalent.
Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, you will need a minimum score of 6.5 or equivalent under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no less than 6.0 in any element. Please see their website for details.
To ensure you have the appropriate computer requirements to enable you to study online, please check our computer specification guidance notes (PDF).
To find out more about our current course, including an induction in Bangkok, Thailand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to find out more about future locations or opportunities for partnership, please contact email@example.com.
Please make sure you check the full course details online before you apply.
Months of entry
This one-year postgraduate course is specifically designed to prepare you for teaching in international settings. It will equip you to be a reflective, competent and professionally aware educator through a unique blended learning programme that includes:
- An intensive five virtual induction led by Senior Teaching Fellows from Warwick (see the 'Teaching and learning' tab for information about the additional course cost of this induction).
- ‘Live’ online sessions in all Phase Studies, Professional Enquiry and Professional Practice modules throughout the year. These will take place at 7pm Bangkok time for 2.5 hours in length, bi-weekly and mainly in term time. Overall there are 17 online sessions covering a range of educational themes across both primary and secondary phases.
- Completion of a Professional Digital Portfolio (PDP), with its enhanced evidence of reflection and final assessment guided by the iQTS Teachers’ Standards.
- The completion of two Master’s level assignments, one based on a phase-related issue and one on a comparative international theme.
- Teaching practice with assessment points and a summative lesson observation from a Warwick tutor.
- Three personal tutorials led by staff at Warwick and on-going mentor support provided by schools throughout the year.
Information for international students
You can find out more about our English language requirements. This course requires the following:
- Band A
- Overall IELTS (Academic or UKVI) score of 6.5 and component scores.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Recruitment
- 024 7657 4058