About Warwick Manufacturing Group
WMG – A unique institution
We offer you a unique opportunity to gain a world class management education with real business and industry application.
We are an academic department of the University of Warwick, a top ten UK university and a member of the elite Russell Group organisation of universities. You can be confident studying in a department recognised for its excellence in research, the very best in teaching and learning and that has unrivalled links with business and industry.
Through our collaborative research and development, we work with companies and organisations around the world. Our business partnerships include local SME’s and global companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, China Aerospace, GE Healthcare, Goodrich, IBM, and Siemens. Through such collaborations, we have gained a global reputation for our ability to solve real life challenges. Improving the competitiveness of companies, and organisations, through combining academic rigour with industrial practice is what we are passionate about.
WMG MSc Open Days
If you are interested in finding out more about studying at WMG and experiencing student life at the University of Warwick, then coming to an Open Day or information session is a great introduction to WMG.
Before an open day, you may wish to visit the University independently and we'd be happy to meet you and welcome you to the department during your visit. Please see the university postgraduate visiting pages for more information.
We will be holding WMG Open Days throughout 2017. The dates for these Open Days are:
- Thursday 16th February
- Thursday 23rd March
- Thursday 11th May
- Thursday 29th June
WMG MSc Open Days will enable you to: -
- Learn more about our MSc Programmes.
- Talk to the Admissions Team
- Meet MSc Course Leaders / tutors
- Meet current WMG students
- Explore the Warwick campus
- Investigate possible funding opportunities
Vist our website for more information and to register.
WMG MSc Courses
Our Master’s programmes have been designed with the same focus, responding to the needs and requirements of industry. Our teaching staff have valuable industry experience to draw on; and are supported by guest lecturers from industry, so our students benefit from first-hand understanding of the issues facing modern industry. Many of our courses are accredited by professional organisations including The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
As a WMG Master’s student you will join a community of postgraduate students from more than 60 countries. You will develop the academic skills and latest knowledge, as well as challenging you to develop the essential practical and soft skills to help you impress employers and progress in your career. The future of industry requires people who are able to think outside the box, solve problems, work effectively in multinational teams, see business operations from a wider perspective as well as within their specialism, and have the confidence to do all this right from the outset. This blend is intended to make you stand out from the crowd.
- MSc Cyber Security and Management. The MSc in Cyber Security and Management is designed for students wishing to develop a career as a cyber security professional or to take a leading role in an organisation critically dependent on information communication technology.
- MSc Cyber Security Engineering. The MSc in Cyber Security Engineering is designed for students wishing to develop a career as a cyber security professional. CSE has been designed for candidates seeking a technical focus on cyber security. The technical focus is achieved through a more intensive module assessment.
- MSc e-Business Management. The MSc in e-Business Management is designed for those who wish to operate effectively in the e-business environment and manage either the transformation of existing business processes or creation of new e-business activity.
- MSc Engineering Business Management. Similar to an MBA in the broad range of Business and Management modules, the MSc in Engineering Business Management is designed for those who want to become managers and leaders in technology-based businesses.
- MSc Healthcare Operational Management. This course has been designed to fulfil the specific needs and requirements of those interested in a management or leadership role within the complex health service sector. It is suitable for students from a range of academic backgrounds. Whilst no previous healthcare background is required, the course will appeal to clinically qualified students looking to move into health systems modelling, e-health, health or medical informatics.
- MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Designed to teach you the tools and techniques to develop and run your own globally orientated business including generating new business ideas, developing and refining them, designing the infrastructure and launching the business.
- MSc International Technology Management. The MSc in International Technology Management is designed for those wishing to take a leading role in managing innovation and technological change in an international business environment.
- MSc International Trade, Strategy and Operations
The MSc in International Trade, Strategy and Operations will provide you with knowledge and understanding of the management and operational requirements necessary to trade successfully in international markets.
- The course has been developed with the Institute of Export and International Trade (IOE), it covers topics including International Sales and Marketing, Transport, Logistics and Customs Compliance, Trade Strategy, Operations and Service Management, Finance, and Legal aspects of international trade.
- MSc Management for Business Excellence. The MSc in Management for Business Excellence is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a manager and leader of business excellence in technology-based organisations.
- MSc Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Management. The MSc Manufacturing Systems Engineering is designed for engineering graduates interested in manufacturing systems and operations management.
- MSc Programme and Project Management. Our MSc in Programme and Project Management is designed for those who wish to move into project management, either in their current technical and business field, or into a new field of expertise.
- MSc Service Management and Design. The MSc in Service Management and Design is suitable for those who want to work as a leader or manager of service functions within industries. You will learn the systems and techniques used to manage service functions and creation of value in the business across suppliers within the industry and within industry processes.
- MSc Supply Chain and Logistics Management. The MSc in Supply Chain and Logistics Management is designed to further develop those who want to work in logistics and supply chain engineering and management in manufacturing and service organisations.
- MSc Sustainable Automotive Engineering. This course is ideally suited to those aspiring to become research managers and technology leaders within the strategically important areas of vehicle electrification and sustainability.
For admission onto these programmes you should have obtained at least a second class British honours degree (or equivalent). Students from non-English speaking countries will also be required to provide an English language qualification. Minimum requirements are IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT 92 or Pearson Test in English (Academic) 62.
Please see our English requirements page for further details.
WMG has extensive laboratory and workshop facilities including the world-class Engineering Hall and state-of-the-art International Digital Lab which houses some of the most advanced digital research and education programmes in the world. As a department, we are always progressing and improving. Our numerous collaborations with industry led us in September 2013 opening the International Institute for Product and Service Innovation and looking ahead, we will be opening the National Automotive Innovation Campus and the WMG Academy for Young Engineers.
The University of Warwick library holds over a million printed titles and 16,000 electronic journals and offers excellent resources including study seating, silent reading rooms, group study rooms and PC clusters. In addition to this, the university's Learning Grid area provides students with a 24/7 relaxed learning environment for both individual and group study, with an impressive range of multimedia equipment and resources. The Learning Grid in Leamington Spa was opened in November 2013 for our students living off campus. Additional study facilities include the Learning Grid Rootes, the Postgraduate Hub, WMG's own IT suite and Wi-Fi hotspots in a range of communal areas around the university.
Life at Warwick
The University of Warwick, situated on an attractive self-contained 700 acre campus and is located right in the centre of England on the borders of the City of Coventry (15 minutes away) and the County of Warwickshire. With convenient road and transport links, the City of Birmingham (UK's 2nd City) is only 20 minutes away and the train takes you to London in just one hour.
The lively, cosmopolitan campus (around a third of students come from outside the UK with over 145 nationalities being represented) has a range of excellent facilities. These include the largest Arts Centre outside London (incorporating a cinema, two theatres, conference facilities, an art gallery and a new 1,400 seat concert hall); impressive sporting facilities that are regularly used to host international sporting events, elite team training camps and professional coaching seminars; shops, banks and a mini supermarket; multi-faith University Chaplaincy and a newly developed students union with bars, dance floors and numerous food and drink outlets.
Campus accommodation for post-graduate students consists of modern, comfortable rooms, mostly en-suite, and with high speed internet and network access. The residences are situated in pleasant, green surroundings and are close to all the facilities on campus.
After your studies
WMG has strong bonds with industry, which are used to draw real-world insights into the teaching and to create a dynamic learning culture. This leads to graduates being sought-after for their understanding and experience of the business world coupled with technological excellence. Several international companies visit WMG each year to recruit directly through our placements scheme - recent recruiters include BMW, Crane, TATA Technologies, Intel, Reckitt-Benckiser, JLR, Apple, IBM, Caterpillar to name but a few. The University of Warwick's career service is also highly proactive and offers great support to both current students and alumni.
WMG is a centre for research excellence and many of our students go on to pursue advanced research in a number of areas. Our key research and consultancy areas include E-Security, Digital Technology, Hybrid Automotive technology; Robotics; Informatics & Virtual Reality, Applied Neuroimaging, Product Lifecycle Management; Materials; Sustainability; Lean Healthcare; Visualisation.
- Contact name
- International Manufacturing Centre
- University of Warwick
- International Manufacturing Centre
- University of Warwick
- CV4 7AL
- +44 24 765 75889