- be a registered healthcare practitioner with a relevant professional body (NMC/HCPC) registration in the UK.
- working in an appropriate role so you can apply your learning during the course. You should have organisational support to undertake the course.
- ideally have a minimum of three years post-qualifying experience, but we also recognise talent and welcome rising stars. We are interested in applications from candidates looking to accelerate their career.
- ideally have a degree but we will consider applications from those without, in a senior professional role, who can map their professional experience to Level 6 descriptors (equivalent to the final year of undergraduate study). You would be asked to complete the mapping exercise after interview.
Months of entry
This course is designed for experienced UK registered healthcare professionals who are looking to progress within their role.
You may be moving towards a role in leadership or management, or you might be a practitioner pursuing a clinical route, for example in intensive care nursing, midwifery practice, mental health nursing or addition studies. This course allows you to gain expertise in these areas.
You will develop skills in critical appraisal and decision making. You will also learn how to design strategies to manage complex scenarios and use evidence to generate innovative and creative solutions in your practice. By developing your professional skills and knowledge, the course aims to enable you to make a significant contribution to health and social care delivery.
You can choose to qualify with these awards:
- PG Cert - part-time for one year (up to two years maximum)
- PG Dip - part-time for two years (up to three years maximum)
- MSc - part-time for three years (up to four years maximum).
This course is based in Reading but we also offer MSc Advancing Professional Practice based in London.
Fees and funding
For information please visit the UWL website:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Information
- 0800 036 8888