Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A relevant degree (2.2 or above) of the choice of subject you wish to teach in school and Grade C/4 in GCSE or equivalent in English language and mathematics.
Please see the University website for comprehensive entry requirements.
Months of entry
At Worcester, we have an established and dynamic partnership with the schools in the region where you'll do your placements. They also keep us up to date with job vacancies, so not surprisingly, our employability statistics are pretty impressive.
The PGCE focuses on your development as a subject specialist secondary teacher. Expert tutors challenge and support you to achieve the very highest levels of subject knowledge, performance against the Teachers' Standards and academic achievement.
Whichever specialist subject you choose, you'll be taught in small seminar groups, and get plenty of academic and personal support from your tutors. You really get to know your subject and how to teach it.
- Art and Design
- Design and Technology
- ICT/Computer Science
- Modern Languages
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Science: Biology
- Science: Chemistry
- Science: Physics
Age phase 14-19:
- Placements in at least two different schools, giving you a breadth of experience and the chance to specialise while you develop self-reflection, self-criticism and self-confidence
- Opportunities to develop additional specialisms in areas such as special educational needs, technology enhanced learning, and leadership
- Extra-curricular opportunities, such as conferences and special projects, to boost your chances of employment
- School Direct routes and the option to study Core PGCEs full-time or part-time
- The course lasts for 10 months and you may be eligible for an excellent tax free training bursary
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01905 855111