Applicants will require current experience of working with or supporting people with dementia, either through employment, regular voluntary work or caring.
Months of entry
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Person-Centred Dementia Studies has been designed specifically for current or potential future managers or leaders of dementia services in health and social care organisations, charities or businesses.
Effective leadership in person-centred care is fundamental for the ability of an organisation to deliver services that work for people living with dementia. This course will provide you with evidence-based practical interventions to expand your knowledge and skills in order to provide exemplary dementia care.
The course provides a developmental route for health and social care professionals to improve the quality of their services. It aims to equip students with the knowledge, skills and resources to enable them to reach their full potential as skilled care givers, managers and leaders. The course content will reflect the requirements of the Dementia Training Standards Framework and will meet all of the Tier 3 leadership learning outcomes.
- A flexible, multidisciplinary, student-centred route to postgraduate achievement, taught in a supportive online learning environment.
- An opportunity to critically reflect on your own practice and role in the field of dementia care.
- A chance to challenge your own values and attitudes and develop new ways of thinking in a supportive environment.
- A stimulating environment where you can gain the confidence to feel you can shape future dementia care by challenging and enhancing current practice and approaches.
- An opportunity to complete a series of modules which develop critical reflection, originality, critique and synthesis to inform evidence-based practice.
- A critical appreciation of the varying perspectives and values of health and social care professionals, service users, carers and cultures.
- A learning environment based on the values of academic freedom, ethical awareness and critical appraisal.
About the Association for Dementia Studies
The Association for Dementia Studies is at the forefront of person-centred care research, which is used to ensure that our teaching includes real world practical approaches to help people live well with dementia. Our multi-disciplinary team are expert educators who have in-depth experiential and theoretical knowledge in dementia care plus the ability to inspire and enthuse others in this area.
As Alumni of this University of Worcester PG Certificate, you will be joining a growing community of practice and will continue to find support via Association for Dementia Studies run events and an online forum. You will be eligible to be nominated for the Hennell Award, which recognises people who have made a significant contribution to promoting person-centred care.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01905 855111