An undergraduate degree in Information and Computing Science, Information and Management System, or related fields such as Engineering or Finance. UK: Upper Second Class Honours. China: 1st tier universities: 75% or above; 2nd tier universities: 80% or above. North America: 3.0 cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme. Other regions: Equivalent academic qualifications.
Months of entry
A University of Liverpool degree in China. The MSc Applied Informatics will train you for advanced technical or managerial roles in computing areas such as Finance Informatics, Information Systems, and Telecommunications.
Graduates will be equipped with:
- theoretical and practical knowledge on key technological and business areas in today’s IT industry and research;
- practical skills in research, analysis, realisation, and evaluation of IT systems including the write-up of technical or research documents;
- key tools enabling them to enhance and apply their skills in management, design, and implementation of IT based solutions to different application domains.
- Data Mining and Big Data Analytics
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Project Management
- Research Methods
- Software Architectures
- Dissertation Project
- Computational Methods in Finance
- Computer Systems Security
- Image and Video Processing
- Interactive Systems
- Mobile Communications
- Social Network Analysis
- Social Web Programming
Graduates from this programme will be professionals in the IT sector as a systems analyst/manager, IT Quant, software engineer, application architect/developer, or IT project leader or a PhD candidate.
The programme is designed to be industry oriented with the possibility of pursuing in-depth academic studies. You will take five required modules from the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in addition to the dissertation project. You will also take three options from a wide range of modules offered by the Departments of CSSE, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Mathematical Sciences.
Fees and funding
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of 50% of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries