UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent - Bachelor Degree or equivalent academic qualification / experience in a relevant area such as computer science, engineering, information systems, e-business and mathematics, with some programming and programme design experience.
Months of entry
The internet revolution has generated a social interactive environment that creates new business opportunities for enterprises. The MSc Social Computing programme addresses this market demand by providing you with training for understanding, managing, developing, implementing and commercialising interactive social media on the internet.
There are growing employment opportunities in this emerging field with many international software development enterprises such as Microsoft and Google, equipped with their own social computing and media development teams. A number of IT enterprises, including Apple and Oracle, own products with social computing functions while many companies successfully turn significant profits through social network sites such as Facebook, Amazon and TaoBao.
You will graduate equipped with the knowledge and skills to forge a successful career in the new interdisciplinary area of social informatics and internet computing.
XJTLU-JITRI JOINT-SUPERVISION PATHWAY
This programme also offers XJTLU-JITRI joint supervision pathway which leverage the strength from both XJTLU and the research institutes and leading enterprises of Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI) to promote in-depth integration between industry, education and research. Through the unique training model integrating specialised module study, industrial research practice and dual supervision mechanism, we aim to cultivate cross-disciplinary talents who are innovative, application-oriented and with high-level international perspective.
Please click here to find more information about XJTLU-JITRI joint Master education.
WHY STUDY SOCIAL COMPUTING AT XJTLU?
- Benefit from specialist lab facilities for operating systems, networking, mobile computing and multimedia technology located on campus
- Take advantage of XJTLU's strategic location close to many international high tech companies with opportunities for networking, internships and site visits
- Tailor your studies to suit your career ambitions with modules in big data analytics, computer systems security and more available
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries