Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Candidates for the MA Music Production programme will be considered on the basis of the whole portfolio of evidence provided for the application process. This will include examples of your existing production practice, evidence of critical engagement, reflective practice, and academic qualifications.
- demonstration of preparedness for graduate level study and practice;
- evidence of existing music production practice (professional or academic);
- evidence of engagement with critical and reflective thinking
Months of entry
The programme will provide you with reflective and research strategies through which you will develop your portfolio as innovators in the field of music production.
Key features of the programme are the provision of:
- opportunities to explore the interrelationships between knowledge and practice
- opportunities to place your own music production practice within business, entrepreneurial and critical frameworks
- opportunities to produce music products, especially in relation to other disciplines and collaboratively with other art forms
- the opportunity to specialise in an area of study of particular interest to your own practice, with the choice of a practical or written submission
- opportunities to engage with the contemporary music industry as ‘Thinking Innovators’, capable of shaping its possible futures.
Information for international students
International students will need to demonstrate that they have equivalent experience /qualifications as home students (ie same entry criteria as above). If their first language is not English they must show evidence of English Language competence at IELTS level 6.0 (in all areas of the test) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details