Looking to earn up to USD $2,000 salary, get a serious bootcamp for your CV and make a difference to the lives of young people?
If you're aged 18-30, then BUNAC’s Summer Camp USA program gives you the opportunity to live the all-American dream for the summer. We’ll match you with a job at camp and provide the sponsorship, visa assistance and step-by-step support you need to move Stateside for the summer.
The job bit
Between June and August each year, camp is an institution for American children and teenagers. And each year, Camp Directors look to hire likeminded 18-30 year olds from all over the world to work as Camp Counsellors and Activity Specialists. Think lakeside lodges and campfire nights, helping to shape the lives of young people while also shaping your own summer – getting valuable work experience, making lifelong friendships and living in phenomenal locations.
From coaching soccer to teaching guitar or helping with arts and crafts, camp allows you to develop your leadership skills and turn a passion into a profession. It’s hard work, but it’s one of the most rewarding things you can do with your summer. Plus, your visa allows you to travel around the States for 30 days afterwards which is the ultimate work/play balancer.
Once you’re booked onto our Summer Camp USA program, you’ll get access to the camps hiring for the summer. You’ll interview via video before you go, with our team on hand to help with interview tips and pep talks.
The money bit
Not only is working at camp great for your CV and your social life, but booking with BUNAC you’ll earn USD $2,000 camp salary – more than any other camp abroad operator. Accommodation and food are also included, so most people actually save money while they’re away – using their salary for their roadtrip after camp.
The visa bit
If you’re a UK passport holder, you must be 18-30 to apply for the J-1 visa that allows you to join our Summer Camp USA program. This visa allows you to work for the duration of camp (usually end of June until the end of August), plus travel around America for 30 days afterwards. BUNAC and our US partner CIEE provide the sponsorship, visa and placement support needed to get you through the whole process from start to finish.
What we are looking for
- Although there are some exceptions, most nationalities are able apply for our Summer Camp USA programme.
All applicants must fulfil the below criteria:
- Aged between 18-30-years-old.
- Able to fly out to the USA before the 20th June.
- Able to commit to the whole camp season, running for nine weeks between June and August.
- Be confident working with children from 6-16-years-old.
- Be a fluent English speaker and have no criminal history.
- Have had some previous experience working with children. However, many applicants don’t realise they already have this, so speak to us about what that entails.
- You must have some previous experience working with children - speak to our team to see what past experience you have qualifies
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- USA · Conneticut, Pennsylvania,Maine,New York, Minnesota
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment