Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious 2nd year student to be our next Summer industrial placement in our Cardiff office working within the Business Recovery team.
The Placement Programme
At Menzies Business Recovery LLP, we stand for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
Our Insolvency professionals serve as a Trusted Advisors to individuals, companies, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors and other interested parties providing clear and concise solutions to distressed situations.
The firm prides itself on the experience and responsibility which it offers placement students.
The work is varied, and the placement student will gain exposure to a variety of insolvency procedures such as Administrations, Liquidations (both solvent and insolvent) and personal insolvency cases such as Bankruptcy and Individual Voluntary Arrangements.
- Using the firm’s established internal systems to produce standard letters and forms on case related matters to comply with all regulatory obligations.
- To deal with correspondence (both written correspondence and telephone calls) in a timely and professional manner.
- To liaise with and provide feedback to creditors, employees and directors of insolvent estates.
- To liaise with solicitors, chattel agents and debt collection agents to ensure asset realisations are maximised.
- To collate information and assist in the preparation of reports.
- To take ownership of their cases and manage their own workload.
- To keep line managers appraised on progress.
- To assist and support other members of the team as required.
- To take an active part in the firm and be a part of its “work winning team” ethos.
The job may involve travel to clients’ sites, away from the Office.
What can we offer?
- Agile working policy.
- Dress for your day policy.
- 23.5 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Structured career development plans.
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7 and is completely confidential.
Explore our comprehensive employee benefits package here: Menzies Employee Benefits
At Menzies LLP, we believe in empowering individuals from all backgrounds to thrive in their careers. If you're ready to launch your career at Menzies and be part of a diverse and inclusive team, apply now for our Placement Programme. Help us shape a brighter future for accounting.
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who enjoy a challenge and we welcome applicants who are on course to achieve a minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in any discipline. It’s important that students can grasp new subjects quickly. You don’t have to be a maths genius but it’s important you are confident with numbers and have good attention to detail. You’ll often need to explain complex financial information, so you’ll also need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If that sounds like you then you could be a great fit at Menzies.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2024