Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Any of the six CCAB accounting professional qualifications, which could be any of ACCA, CIPFA, ACIEW, ACAS, ACAI and CIMA final stage examination completion; or equivalent overseas qualifications which have been fully recognised by any of the CCAB members or the University.
Months of entry
The Accounting and Finance (Masters Stage) course offers the opportunity to top up your existing professional accounting qualifications to MSc level quickly, gaining additional insight and understanding in the process.
Our course will put you in an excellent position to approach and perform middle and senior management roles across different accounting and finance sectors, as well as gaining practical and transferrable skills.
What's covered in the course?
- You’ll extend your understanding and awareness of the major finance theories behind strategic decision-making, as well as the finance theories which underpin a company’s financial decisions.
- The course encourages the analytical, technical, interpersonal and intellectual skills that may have been missing from your CCAB qualifications, and you’ll also learn the modern methods used to research topics in accounting and finance.
- By choosing this course, you’ll study with Birmingham City Business School, a well-respected institution which has been granted Platinum Approved Learning Provider status from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). This accreditation means our courses remain fresh and relevant, as well as giving us great industry links which will prove invaluable for your career prospects.
- On our Accounting and Finance (Masters Stage) course, you’ll get to apply the knowledge and skills you’ve gained in your studies with a research project, choosing a relevant topic and conducting in-depth research.
Why Choose Us?
- The course offers a respected programme of study around one of the business world’s key functions, preparing you for finance jobs and accountancy careers.
- You’ll work in an international atmosphere, with students from across the globe offering different viewpoints and methods.
- As a University, we are an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Platinum Approved Learning Partner, recognising our high-quality student support and teaching. This also assists and embellishes your employability prospects upon graduating.
- Our small class sizes and comprehensive learner development support ensure you get the most of your course.
- You’ll work in our new, cutting-edge facility, The Curzon Building, which boasts state-of-the-art facilities.
- If English is not your first language, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a high level of adequacy in the international business language of English.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)121 331 5595