Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:1 or equivalent in any subject. Applicants with a 2:2 may be considered if they have strong relevant work experience.
Months of entry
Why study MA Social Work at BU?
- This course is ranked 1st in its subject area according to the 2021 Guardian League tables
- This practical degree blends a powerful combination of academic study with essential practical experience
- Statutory placements throughout the course mean you will gain lots of relevant experience operating in real-world settings and will develop strong working relationships with those already in the profession
- Thanks to our close ties with neighbouring local authority social services departments and local voluntary sector agencies you can network with employers and potential future colleagues
- You’ll leave us equipped with the specialist knowledge and practical skills needed to deal with issues in areas including child protection, fostering and adoption, adult safeguarding, mental health, substance use, hospital discharge and disability
- Newly built skills facilities include various simulated community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice before going on placement.
This course is approved by Social Work England, which means you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as a social worker on successful completion of the course.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding.
Find out more about MA Social Work bursary: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-funding/funding-options/ma-social-work-bursary
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961916