The entry requirements to study the MSc Engineering Management are as follows:
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree from a UK or recognised international university in Engineering (BEng) or (BE); OR
- BTech Engineering: 60% or above
- An equivalent engineering professional qualification e.g. IEng and CEng
Following a review of applications, you may be required to:
- Attend a face-to-face or Skype interview, or
- Take part in a telephone interview
Don’t meet the entry requirements? If you have other qualifications or work experience, contact us to discuss your options.
Months of entry
January, May, September, November
What is the MSc Engineering Management programme?
Whilst the world of engineering requires up-to-date technological skills, it also needs leaders who can drive forward large-scale capital projects and who appreciate the financial, social, and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) impacts of investment decisions.
This Master’s in Engineering Management programme will develop your core understanding and competency into the practical application of theory, culminating in a business project where you will have the opportunity to undertake research in an organisation or project of your choice.
This practice-focused course provides you with an integrated academic and professional training environment. You’ll gain the knowledge, understanding and skills to pursue and sustain a successful and rewarding career in engineering and project management.
This programme will equip you to:
- Evaluate the impact of engineering on people, the environment and wealth generation
- Build commercial and financial skills relevant to future senior roles
- Develop the skills to manage the challenges of re-aligning organisations to accommodate rapid process and technology change, taking into consideration, people, processes, and systems
- Develop strategic project management skills to establish and lead large-scale capital projects within a complex stakeholder context
- Prepare for a future career with an understanding of the ethical impacts of engineering
Why study the MSc Engineering Management at BPP University?
- This practice-focused course will empower you to make effective decisions and recommendations in the context of engineering projects.
- Build fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours to manage continuing professional development and enhance your career progression.
- This course has been informed by industry and expert practitioners, ensuring that content is relevant and responds to the needs of the industry.
- The Professional and Academic Skills for Success (PASS) element included in this programme will help you build a strong foundation of academic skills.
- Choose the 18-month Professional Development Planning Programme to further boost your knowledge, skills and employability – helping you to find a job and post-study work visa opportunities.
You’ll study the following modules:
- Academic and Assessment Support (Non-credit bearing)
- Project Management Essentials (30 credits)
- Principles and Practice of Engineering Management (30 credits)
- The Digital Organisation: Strategies for Digital Transformation (30 credits)
- Advanced Project Management (30 credits)
- Sustainable Engineering and Climate Change (15 credits)
- Commercial and Financial Skills for Engineers (15 credits)
- Business Project (30 credits)
Professional Development Planning (PDP) (exclusive to 18-month programme)
Embedded in the 18-month option, the PDP programme can contribute to your success at finding jobs and post-study work visa opportunities. It provides a structured approach to Professional Development, helping you gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to sustain a career in your chosen field. You will receive additional sessions which run alongside academic terms to prepare for the six months of career practice which may include projects, voluntary works, placement, or internship opportunities. *
In addition to your academic study, you can benefit from:
- One-to-one coaching
- Self-serve skills content for independent study
- Access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- Speaker events from professionals in industry
- Masterclasses to enhance your employability
- Employability activities on our Virtual Campus or in-centre
- Intensive preparation for interview opportunities if you meet the criteria
*Please note, if you fall behind with your studies and cannot progress on your master’s programme, you will not be eligible for the placement interview process. The Placements team works with an extensive range of employers to find work placement opportunities for our students. Placements may vary in length and may be paid or unpaid.
Full-time students will typically receive eight contact hours per week and will need to devote at least 30 hours a week to study.
Assessments and examinations
The programme features a variety of coursework assessments.
Coursework is in the form of essays, reports or case studies, while group or individual presentations may be required to assess other competencies.
BPP University offers flexibility in how these assessments are undertaken, and the programmes will utilise online tools where available to deliver assessments. On occasion, some assessments may require attendance at a physical location.
Full details on BPP University's feedback policy on assessments can be found in the Manual of Policies and Procedures here.
All required learning materials are provided online as part of the course fee. This reflects modern working practices and minimises our environmental impact. Print on demand versions are available for students with specific learning needs.
Information for international students
We welcome students from around the world, oﬀering a culturally diverse study environment, with our specialist service helping choose your study location, correct visa, ﬁnance option and even somewhere to live.
Fees and funding
To widen access to the legal profession, we offer a range of funding options and loans to help you finance your studies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- BPP Admissions
- +44 (0) 3300 603 100