A UK honours degree or equivalent, internationally recognised qualification in mathematics/statistics or other numerate disciplines with adequate content in statistics.
Months of entry
Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organisation of data. Statistical analysis and data analytics is listed as one of the highly desirable skills employers are looking for, and with data becoming an ever increasing part of modern life, the talent to extract information and value from complex data is scarce.
The new Statistics and Data Analytics MSc is designed to train the next generation of statisticians with a focus on the field of data analytics. Employers expect skills in both statistics and computing. This master’s programme will provide a unique and coherent blend of modern statistical methods together with the associated computational skills that are essential for handling large quantities of unstructured data. This programme offers training in modern statistical methodology, computational statistics and data analysis from a wide variety of fields, including financial and health sectors.
Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. The aim of the MSc Statistics and Data Analytics is to produce graduates that:
- are equipped with a range of advanced statistical methods and the associated computational skills for handling large quantities of unstructured data;
- have developed a critical awareness of the underlying needs of industry and commerce through relevant case studies;
- are able to analyse real-world data and to communicate the output of sophisticated statistical models in order to inform decision making processes;
- have the necessary computational skills to build and analyse simple/appropriate solutions using statistical Big Data technologies.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599