A UK first or second class Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification usually design; engineering; or a related discipline. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis. English Language Requirements IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas) TOEFL Paper test: 550 (TWE 4) TOEFL Internet test: 79 (R18, L17, S20, W17) Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
Months of entry
The MSc in Integrated Product Design course focuses on the design of innovative products, emphasising the balance between the interest of users, industry and society. It covers the whole design process, integrating all aspects relevant to product development, in particular global new product design.
It meets industrial demand by integrating technology, management, aesthetics, environmental sustainability, ergonomics, marketing, business and design methods – to produce highly qualified and sought after designers able to cope with the challenges the global economy presents.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- provide an integrated programme of study across a broad range of knowledge and skills in product/industrial design
- develop design and technology research skills related to the design process through practicing applied research
- develop advanced design skills, enabling graduates to practice as an independent design professional and to further develop design and professional skills in product/industrial design engineering
- nurture scientific rigour as well as creativity to enable graduates to follow a successful career in product/industrial design and assume leadership roles in national and international companies and institutions.
Students master all aspects of integrated product design advancing their design skills and knowledge by applying systematic state-of-the-art theories and methodologies, and by integrating user, technology and business aspects. This not only opens up dynamic career options, but equips students with a comprehensive skillset to take into the commercial world.
The primary aim of this programme is to provide students with the practical knowledge and transferable skills required to be at the forefront of global product and services design research and development, in either an industrial or academic environment.
Graduates of this MSc will also have the independent learning ability required for both continual professional development and the acquisition of new skills at the highest level.
The course provides an integrated approach and promotes advanced studies in design theory, creativity and aesthetics, innovation methods, advanced design techniques, human factors and applied ergonomics, engineering, material and production science, sustainability and research methods.
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED)
Information for international students
guarantee entry for our courses as applications are assessed on case-by-case basis. English Language Requirements •IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas) •Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores) •BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mr Stephen Green
- +44 (0)1895 265370/ +44 (0)1895 265265